Conveyancing and Property Law
Real estate decisions are some of the biggest decisions you will make in your life.
Russell Byrnes lawyers can guide you through property transactions to ensure the process is handled smoothly while protecting your interests.
Our extensive legal experience can assist help to minimise the risk for these complicated and high value transactions.
Why should I use Russell Byrnes for my property / conveyancing matters?
Property contracts are often extremely time sensitive, which means that deadlines should be adhered to in order to avoid serious legal consequences. Our lawyers will help you to keep to these time frames.
At Russell Byrnes we take pride in ensuring that your legal rights are protected during property transactions. For example our lawyers can advise you when a statutory cooling off period will apply and what penalties may apply for pulling out of the contract.
Likewise, we will assist you in acting your responsibilities under the contracts. We can assist buyers and sellers with the purchase and sale of:
- Land (Torrens title and fee simple)
- Commercial premises
We can also provide advice in matters related to strata and body corporate.
I am thinking of buying a property, how can Byrnes Legal help me?
If you are buying a house or land we can help you with:
- Determining if there are any building covenants or other restrictions that will need to observed
- Negotiating a desired outcome with the current owner
- Reviewing the contract of sale
- Exchange the contracts for sale
- Help to coordinate matters with your bank or other finance company
- Stamp duty concessions and first home owner grants
Enquires may include assessing the impact of heritage orders and town planning restrictions on occupancy or use of a property as well as searches for title deed encumbrances such as easements. In addition to the usual property searches, we can make special enquiries on your behalf. These may include things such as inspecting the records of a body corporate entity or looking into specific requirements such as beach front setbacks etc.
I am selling a property, how can you help me?
If you are selling property we can help you with:
- Preparation of a contract for sale
- Respond to buyer enquires
- Discharging your mortgage and other financial documents
- Ensuring enforcement of your contract for sale