The ownership of Intellectual Property is a complex and nuanced area of law.
We can help protect your business by providing you advice and services related to:
- Provisional Patents, innovations patents and standard patents
[icon name=icon-phone] (02) 9319 6839Book Appointment Please call me
What is intellectual property law?
Intellectual property law deals with the rules for securing and enforcing legal rights to your intellectual property.
Similar to the legal protection of ownership of property and real estate, intellectual property law defines the exclusive control of intangible assets.
What is protected under intellectual property law?
Intellectual property secures your control over your intellectual property. Intellectual property is intangible ideas, designs or creative works, which can include:
- Literary or artistic works
- Brand names/Logos
- Registered designs (for the shape or appearance of a product)
How can I protect my intellectual property?
Ensuring your intellectual property remains under your control is extremely important, but can be quite complicated. Our experienced solicitors offer advice and assistance in retaining control, and executing the rights of your control as necessary. We can help with a range of services in intellectual property law, including:
- Copyright – a legal term used to describe the author or creators rights over their literary and artistic works. Works covered by copyright range from books, music, paintings, sculpture and films, to computer programs, databases, advertisements, maps and technical drawings.
- Patents – an exclusive right granted for an invention. Typically, a patent allows the patent owner with to decide Trademarks – distinguishes the goods or services of one enterprise from those of other enterprises.
- Industrial Designs – the ornamental or aesthetic aspect of an article. An industrial design may consist of both three-dimensional features, including the shape of the design, or of two-dimensional features, such as patterns or color.